Tuesday, August 2, 2011

feathers.

I got 'em. Finally. But not the Sultra ones. The ones I wanted were out of stock, blah, blah, blah. Oh well, 'cause I found a replacementttttt (:

www.fashionfeather.com

YAY! I loved using this website because you could pick the colors, it was reasonably priced, and they got here in less than a week! They were supposed to arrive in 7-14 days. They got here in 5. Solid!

Anyways... You have a choice of 3 feathers for $14, 4 feathers for $17, or 5 feathers for $20. Then, you can pick from a large variety of colors. Actually, 25 colors to be exact. These kits come with 2 crimp beads (to match your hair color) and a threading tool to install them. It asks your hair length to get an idea of how long the feathers should be, and mine went great with my length of hair (thank you!). You can also add 10 more beads for $3 or pliers to install them for $10. Shipping is $2 for standard shipping, which is what I got.

They're super easy to install and are really durable.

Step 1: Find the spot where you want to put your feathers. Mine are right under my bangs, and above my ear, like, at my eyebrow.

Step 2: Take the wire tool and bend it in half. Put a little bit of hair in the loop. Make sure you don't put too much hair in there, though, or else the feathers will stick out. Thread the bead through both ends of the tool, and pull it through, all the way up the strand of hair that you're putting your feathers on.

Step 3: Thread your feathers through the bead. Make sure the ends are sticking up through the bead.

Step 4: Use pliers to clamp the bead down firmly, so your feathers will stay.

Alright, welllll, you honestly probably didn't need my version of how to install them, because they have very detailed instructions on the website.

Removal- Use the pliers and squeeze the bead the opposite way to make an "O" shape.

They should stay in for about 2-4 months, but I haven't had mine long enough to tell you if that's true or not, though it seems like they probably will.

On the other hand... The only negative issue I had with them was the fact that some of the crimp beads I ordered weren't "O" shaped.. They were more shut, if that makes any sense.... But to fix it, just use pliers to make them more of an "O" shape, like you're removing them. Kind of a pain, but no biggie.

Here's what I ordered-


I got 4 feathers. My primary feather was White (the striped one), my three accent feathers were Cream (wide), Silver (plain), and Brown (plain). I said I had Medium hair length, and that my hair was brown. I probably could have said it was black, because my hair is darker and the beads were lighter, but again, it was no big deal. I got the 10 extra beads, and standard shipping. So, my total was $22. Not too shabby,                                                                                            
                                          eh?



No comments:

Post a Comment