Monday, October 31, 2011

we're just silly little girls.

I'll start this post by wishing everyone a Happy Halloween. I love fall and am most definitely in the spirit of the season (:

Now on to the point. It's... surprise, surprise... a list! I'm a list kinda person. Keeps me organized. Here's a list of things I think that every girl should know. But this is a short list of some things I've learned and can and possibly will be added to frequently.

1. Some things just need let go. 
Breathe. It's over. Eventually you'll realize there is a good reason that it didn't work out, and something better happened because you moved on.

2. We need to realize this is an ocean, not a fish tank.
Tons of other guys, girls, fish, whatever in the sea.

3. We aren't perfect, and neither are they.
This one pertains to myself, mostly. I get the "I'm not perfect" part. But I really need to stop expecting everyone else to be... awful habit of mine.

4. Differences are not the same thing as flaws.
Just because someone isn't just like you isn't a bad thing. At all.

5. Be yourself.
Seriously, I know how cliche this is. But being yourself doesn't mean not following some trends. It means following the ones YOU like, not doing them because they're "cool". And it's not just what you wear, it's also how you act, how you present yourself, what you believe in, what you do, or what you don't do. I could go on and on with this stuff. Do what you want. Be who you want to be. Whatever. Be real, be you. Otherwise you're just one of the many. Be one of the few. Please?

we'll just stick with these for now. I know there are a ton of other things that are probably more important. but i'll leave you with this stuff for now, and hopefully post soon with something very much worth reading. (I hope)

bye!
-liv

No comments:

Post a Comment