Friday, July 8, 2011

busy, busy beeeee

     This past week (or two) has been extremely busy for me! Last weekend began with sitting out in the sun at an acme baseball game for my brother and getting odd tan lines with the shirts I was wearing, teaching me a lesson I'll share with you. MAKE SURE YOU WEAR SUNSCREEN. I didn't and almost burnt, but thankfully didn't. another nice lesson, make sure the clothes you wear aren't odd for tan lines. But obviously, you can't sit in the stands in a bikini, so you're gonna have some shorts ones.

cooookie cake!
     Okay, later that day, I surprised my friend with a nice surprise birthday. Well, a bunch of us did, and it turned out to be a fun night! She stayed over Friday night and we made cookie cakes. They're so easy to make and delicious :) (We just use the toll house recipe on the bag and make a huuuuge cookie on the sheet. But you have to check it like, every 5 minutes and make sure it doesn't run off the edge. One of these days we'll figure out a better way to do it. Hopefully.)

     Okay, then Sunday, we spent the morning at another baseball game. (I remembered sunscreen this time, thank goodness) At the park where the game was, there was this adorable children's park. We took pictures and I felt like a little kid again. I needed that.

peekabooo
hannah, kaitlin, me
     Later that night, I got to spend the evening swimming, making s'mores and roasting hot dogs with some friends. Can you think of anything that screams summer more than that? Then, Independence Day! I spent the morning with my momma and sister getting groceries for the evening with my family. We made a peanut butter pie, which was delicious and cut fruit to help out. Then, my family- cousins, aunts, uncles, grandma, and so on, went swimming and had a fabulous cook out. Hot dogs, hamburgers, the whole bit. We saw fireworks with my friend and the rest of my family and had an enjoyable night. The weather was perfect. Thank you Mother Nature!
Sparklers!




     Then, Tuesday, after cheer practice, guess who had to get shots. I hate shots. It was a pain in the butt, and it hurt. That stupid meningitis shot hurt for days. But, then I got to spend a few hours shopping. Thank you!! After the mall, we went to Plato's Closet. My sister and I got a total of six pairs of jeans for around $100. I love bargain-shopping :) I also got two shirts from Charlotte Russe, two tanks from Forever 21 (only $3.50 each!), and two pairs of sunglasses from Forever 21 also, because somewhere in the craziness of my weekend, mine broke:/ I still love huge sunglasses, so I got two more pairs. I miss the old ones though.
Bobs! Not Toms, Bobs. 

     Wednesday & Thursday consisted of practice in the morning. Thursday, after practice, I went over to my friend's house and we spent the afternoon making lunch and frappes, watching Easy A, laying out in the pool, and doing our nails. Then in the evening I went to tumbling.
I was being creative......

frappes!

     Today has been kind of a crazy-lazy day. I've done laundry, packed for camp, and swam. I also started To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee. It seems good so far, so I hope it stays this way.

     Tomorrow, I'm leaving for camp. Which, I'm super excited about considering I've been there every year since third grade. I'm looking forward to the friends and memories I'm sure to make throughout the next five days! I'll be sure to have tons of pictures to show you when I get back :)

     Now, I have to go finish packing/cleaning my room or watch a movie with the family. I apologize for the play by play of the weekdays, but hey, I usually don't do it, so you gotta switch it up, right?

     My pictures aren't uploading now, so I'll try and fix it later. Ahhh! Technology is only good when it works.
                                                                                                     
                                                                                          -liv

No comments:

Post a Comment